Was it a dream?

I suddenly shook to the howling of the dogs and thousand other animals.

I could feel the wet grass under me. My head seemed so heavy that I could barely raise it, and the pain was only making it worse. I could hardly move, felt like I was heavily injured, and the pain was just unbearable. It was dark; very dark, and I realized by now that I was in a dark forest, but I don't remember how I landed up here. The place didn't seem familiar, either. The howling of animals and hissing of insects were scaring me. I wanted to get out of there. I somehow managed to collect myself and got up and took the first step, but I could hardly walk or see anything. It was a bad idea to make any move at that hour of the night, so I decided to wait up for the sunlight.

Being nyctophobic, I was desperately wishing to see one streak of light in the darkness. My heart was racing like a seconds' clock every time I heard a jackal howl.
But the tire and pain were so much more that I didn't even realize when I fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up to the chirping of birds and then a sun's ray which fell directly on my face. I slowly opened my eyes and was awestruck to the view I could see. I didn't know the name of the place nor in which part of the world I was, but the only thing I knew, words fall short if I tried describing its beauty.

Image credits: fanpop.com


My admiration for the place was only for split seconds until it hit me that this wasn’t the place I fell asleep the previous night. Adding to my surprise, there were no ache or injury marks anywhere on my body. Thoughts in my head screamed that ‘it wasn’t the woods’ but open lush green countryside as far as my vision could reach. I had no clue what might or would have happened.

It’s the 21st day since this I am experiencing this phenomenon and have travelled without tickets to more than 15 different time zones. The strange thing is in all these days I have not met a single human being.


I still wonder what might have happened to me. Am I dead? Or am I suffering from some something? Have I time-travelled? Or is it just a dream? 

Comments

  1. well written with vivid descriptions....
    Are you trying to describe the experiences of people that remain under the spell of narcotic drugs? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is not what it was intended for. hehe.:P

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts