Skip to main content

Was it a dream?

I suddenly shook to the howling of the dogs and thousand other animals.

I could feel the wet grass under me. My head seemed so heavy that I could barely raise it, and the pain was only making it worse. I could hardly move, felt like I was heavily injured, and the pain was just unbearable. It was dark; very dark, and I realized by now that I was in a dark forest, but I don't remember how I landed up here. The place didn't seem familiar, either. The howling of animals and hissing of insects were scaring me. I wanted to get out of there. I somehow managed to collect myself and got up and took the first step, but I could hardly walk or see anything. It was a bad idea to make any move at that hour of the night, so I decided to wait up for the sunlight.

Being nyctophobic, I was desperately wishing to see one streak of light in the darkness. My heart was racing like a seconds' clock every time I heard a jackal howl.
But the tire and pain were so much more that I didn't even realize when I fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up to the chirping of birds and then a sun's ray which fell directly on my face. I slowly opened my eyes and was awestruck to the view I could see. I didn't know the name of the place nor in which part of the world I was, but the only thing I knew, words fall short if I tried describing its beauty.

Image credits: fanpop.com


My admiration for the place was only for split seconds until it hit me that this wasn’t the place I fell asleep the previous night. Adding to my surprise, there were no ache or injury marks anywhere on my body. Thoughts in my head screamed that ‘it wasn’t the woods’ but open lush green countryside as far as my vision could reach. I had no clue what might or would have happened.

It’s the 21st day since this I am experiencing this phenomenon and have travelled without tickets to more than 15 different time zones. The strange thing is in all these days I have not met a single human being.


I still wonder what might have happened to me. Am I dead? Or am I suffering from some something? Have I time-travelled? Or is it just a dream? 

Comments

  1. well written with vivid descriptions....
    Are you trying to describe the experiences of people that remain under the spell of narcotic drugs? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is not what it was intended for. hehe.:P

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Musings of a wandering mind

I talk, I sleep, I eat, I breathe; like most other human beings. But I doubt who else would have such volumes of thoughts racing through their head at the same time. Credits: http://wird.com.ua/ Why is it that the world seems to be rushing around? Everything is flying fast, birds chirping and the thunder roaring. Nobody has time. We all are so occupied in our lives, we have become so much mechanical that even our heart has started behaving heartlessly. Why is it that we are always expected to be at our best? Why are we still supposed to receive A+ on our report cards? Why does everybody look for ROI in every relationship they have?  Money, cash, debit cards, transfer, discounts and offers matter more to people than anything else. People no longer consider it essential in giving a reason for leaving a job or even a relationship. Yes moving on is the most natural solution to all problems; but is that really a move, on?  I'm tired, tired of all the mechanical stuff, ...

Amar Dada 💓

It is just another Monday morning of 1996 in the city of Silchar, Assam.  The clock strikes 8! My brother and I have to rush to school. We don't want to be late again for our morning devotional class. Before leaving the house, I take one last look at my little sister and then myself in the mirror... Brushing against my school badge, "Omnia Vincit Amor". I wonder how Maa manages to make us look like human beings every morning. "Riki!!! Riki!.... aaarey dhaatt te Riki... taratari aaay naa, abaaar tor jonno deri hobe" (Riki, we will get late today as well because of you!) My brother yells at me while he hurriedly walks out of the house. As we step out, our voices chorus:  'Maaaaaaaaaaa, aschii; Babu aschiii...!!!' (Bye Maa, Bye Baba!) I run after him to match his stride. Somehow, the weight of the big school bag on my shoulders always seemed to slow me down. Or maybe it was my tiny legs! I wonder!! Just as I was adjusting my school bag... ' Ahhh, Aah...

Don't you miss the good old days?

It's been a long time since I penned down my thoughts. There were too many things running in my head and didn't know how to word them out. This time it's more of a question that I have in my mind, I want to ask you all 'don't you miss the good old days?' No, this isn't an interview question but seriously if I may ask you 'where do you see yourself 10 years down the line?' I see myself using an app that delivers a boyfriend in 30 mins, or I get one free. Oh yeah! Not funny, I'm pretty sure there would be a bunch of some IIM guys sitting down and brainstorming on this concept! What have we become? Slaves and heartless fools who toil day and night for things which don't even mean anything. We spend time and efforts on items that carry no value. We have apps for every f***ing thing. Need a cab? > Apps Need groceries?> Apps Want to play a game? >Apps Need a date?> Apps Need a husband? > Apps Huh! How I miss those day...