Skip to main content

The theory behind chasing the impossible

Impossible, as they say, should be read as 'I'm possible'. Although I'm not sure how many of us follow this principle in real life.

For people like me, who somehow end up choosing for the more robust paths might relate to the topic. Consciously, unconsciously or subconsciously we end up aiming to reach for the so-called unreachable things.

 In my view, nothing is more satisfying than accomplishing something which everyone tags as a difficult or an impossible one. It could be anything, a new job, a new project, a new career path or even a new partner.



To me, I have somehow always been attracted to the 'hard to get' stuff. Challenges fascinate me, be it in anything. Something easy to get or accomplish is no fun. The prime reason behind this is the joy I get once I achieve the hurdle.

The satisfaction level gets multiplied after such a win. And the confidence that comes along with it.. oh, boy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Musings of a wandering mind

I talk, I sleep, I eat, I breathe; like most other human beings. But I doubt who else would have such volumes of thoughts racing through their head at the same time. Credits: http://wird.com.ua/ Why is it that the world seems to be rushing around? Everything is flying fast, birds chirping and the thunder roaring. Nobody has time. We all are so occupied in our lives, we have become so much mechanical that even our heart has started behaving heartlessly. Why is it that we are always expected to be at our best? Why are we still supposed to receive A+ on our report cards? Why does everybody look for ROI in every relationship they have?  Money, cash, debit cards, transfer, discounts and offers matter more to people than anything else. People no longer consider it essential in giving a reason for leaving a job or even a relationship. Yes moving on is the most natural solution to all problems; but is that really a move, on?  I'm tired, tired of all the mechanical stuff, ...

Amar Dada 💓

It is just another Monday morning of 1996 in the city of Silchar, Assam.  The clock strikes 8! My brother and I have to rush to school. We don't want to be late again for our morning devotional class. Before leaving the house, I take one last look at my little sister and then myself in the mirror... Brushing against my school badge, "Omnia Vincit Amor". I wonder how Maa manages to make us look like human beings every morning. "Riki!!! Riki!.... aaarey dhaatt te Riki... taratari aaay naa, abaaar tor jonno deri hobe" (Riki, we will get late today as well because of you!) My brother yells at me while he hurriedly walks out of the house. As we step out, our voices chorus:  'Maaaaaaaaaaa, aschii; Babu aschiii...!!!' (Bye Maa, Bye Baba!) I run after him to match his stride. Somehow, the weight of the big school bag on my shoulders always seemed to slow me down. Or maybe it was my tiny legs! I wonder!! Just as I was adjusting my school bag... ' Ahhh, Aah...

Don't you miss the good old days?

It's been a long time since I penned down my thoughts. There were too many things running in my head and didn't know how to word them out. This time it's more of a question that I have in my mind, I want to ask you all 'don't you miss the good old days?' No, this isn't an interview question but seriously if I may ask you 'where do you see yourself 10 years down the line?' I see myself using an app that delivers a boyfriend in 30 mins, or I get one free. Oh yeah! Not funny, I'm pretty sure there would be a bunch of some IIM guys sitting down and brainstorming on this concept! What have we become? Slaves and heartless fools who toil day and night for things which don't even mean anything. We spend time and efforts on items that carry no value. We have apps for every f***ing thing. Need a cab? > Apps Need groceries?> Apps Want to play a game? >Apps Need a date?> Apps Need a husband? > Apps Huh! How I miss those day...